Frost Mountain Activities
- Round trip time: about 1 ½ hours Elevation: 958 feet
- Difficulty: mostly easy except for one steep section at the top The Scoop:
- Not a high mountain but the view from this bald granite summit is absolutely spectacular and comparable to all the taller peaks.
BURNT MEADOW MOUNTAIN – North Peak
- Round trip time: about 3 hours
- Elevation: 1,575 feet
- Difficulty: moderate
- Once upon a time an old ski area – t-bar still intact but you’ll only see this if you approach from the backside off of Dugway Road.
- Panoramic views to challenge any of the best views the valley has to offer!
- Fryeburg recently completed a 4 mile paved section of the Mountain Division Trail. Parking for this very scenic trail with mountain views is just 1 mile from FMY. Ride 4 miles north and end up at The Maine Visitors Center.
- For the mountain bikers, Fryeburg and the Mt Washington Valley are loaded with awesome single track trails for all abilities.
- Trails leave right from the yurts on 57 acres of private land.
- Venture out onto the multi-use snowmobile trail and do the Peary Mountain Loop. Takes about 2-3 hours and the views on top of Peary are spectacular.
- All trails are FREE use to our guests.
Weston’s Farm Stand
Located right alongside the Saco River in Fryeburg. The market features Weston’s Farm fresh produce and maple syrup. They also offers fresh baked pies, breads and cookies, a large selection of locally made jams, jellies, honey, and other canned goods, milk, eggs and cheese. The market also features a gift and Christmas shop of handcrafts from around Maine and New England.
Sherman Farm in East Conway NH
Farm Fresh produce, pre-made meals, soups, baked goods, local cheeses etc. Famous for their hormone free milk in glass bottles but you must try their flavored milks as well – FMY favorite is Blueberry!!! Or is it Banana? Homemade ice cream too. Don’t miss their fall hayrides, Maze and pick your own pumpkins. Sherman’s is located ¼ mile beyond the Fryeburg Town Beach at the corner of River Road and East Conway Road. OPEN YEAR ROUND.
- Head into Fryeburg and take a left at the lights onto 302 west
- Turn right onto River Road /Rte 113 North just after the Post office
- Go over the bridge that crosses the SACO RIVER and public parking will be on the right
Emerald Pool and Rattlesnake Pool and Flume
Get away from the crowds and head to Evans Notch!! Visit these scenic pools for amazingly clean and cold water. The best place to be on a hot day. A very scenic drive just north of Fryeburg, this road is closed in the winter and has lots of hiking in the area.
1% For The Planet
An alliance of businesses committed to leveraging their resources to create a healthier planet.
Stone Mountain Arts Center
Brownfield, Maine. Timber frame barn hosting national acts up close and personal.
World’s Leading Yurt Manufacturer.
Full service ski shop with XC ski and showshoe rentals by winter and summer location has canoe & kayak rentals – Bridgton, Maine
Maine Tourism Association
Saco River Canoe & Kayak
Local canoe & kayak rentals with transportation services. Phone: 207.935.2369
Local canoe & kayak rentals with transportation services. Phone: 603.447.2177
Brownfield Maine, Hand made, Home made, Maine made 100% Certified organic.
Sunrise Guide The Coupon Book for Healthy & Sustainable Living.
Maine Office of Tourism
(yes this is different from Maine Tourism Association)
Edge of Maine Gallery
Frameshop & Gallery featuring fine work by local artisans right here on Main Street, Brownfield.
White Mountain Yurts
Want to buy your own yurt? Custom built yurts from NH! Call Paul @ 603.396.9222 and tell him you saw this @ FMY.com
Mt Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce
The Mt. Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce is a member driven association that works to uphold everything that makes the Valley so unique and wonderful.